Due to the Covid-19 virus, the USC American Language Institute has implemented the following changes:
- Fall ALI classes are currently scheduled on campus with some sections being offered online. This is subject to change based on conditions at the time.
- ISE and International Teaching Assistant (ITA) Exams will be given online and also offered at times that are convenient for students in different time zones. Students may sign up for the ISE Exam at http://ali.usc.edu/ise-exam-sign-up/. ITAs can make an appointment to take the ITA Exam by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Specific details for taking the exams online will be given to students after they sign up. General instructions for the exams can be viewed here:
Online ISE Exam Instructions
Online ITA Exam Instructions
- The ALI office will be open M-F 8:30am – 5:00pm starting on Monday, August 23, 2021. We will also still be actively responding to student questions and inquiries through email at : email@example.com.
- All student programming (Conversation Groups, One-on-One Conversation Partners, Writing Labs, and Book Club) will continue online in the fall semester we will also have one Conversation Group available in person per day. Check the ALI website for more specific start dates and times.
- To open more lines of communication, we’ve created an ALI Slack Workspace. Join the workspace to keep in touch with ALI student leaders, ask questions, and stay updated on all programs.
- Sign up for the ALI newsletter (https://ali.usc.edu/sign-up-for-the-ali-newsletter/) to keep current with ALI’s Covid-related updates, as well as all ALI news and resources.
- For the latest updates on immigration, please visit the USC Office of International Services website.