Interested in working with USC’s international student community and becoming a meaningful part of their education? ALI’s One-on-One Conversation Partner Program is dedicated to helping students from abroad expand their English oral skills and gain insight on American culture through one-on-one exchanges.
We are always looking for enthusiastic, personable, and qualified individuals to add to our list of freelance Partners. If interested, please apply to our program by following the directions below.
To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter to Shelly Snellman at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, please include answers to the following questions.
- Are you a native English speaker?
- What are you studying?
- What makes you a good candidate for our Conversation Partner Program?
- What leadership experience do you possess?
- Do you have experience working with international students/people?
- What will you bring to your conversation sessions? How will you engage your partners so that they are encouraged to continue their studies with you?
- Do you have a schedule that permits you to meet with at least one person on a weekly and continuous basis?
- Students will email you and expect quick replies. Are you prepared to make this a priority and answer all inquiries in a professional and timely manner?
- This position requires participation in our department blog. As a Conversation Partner, you will be required to write one 500+ article (per semester) on a topic of your choosing, so long as it focuses on American culture and/or relatable international experiences. Would you be comfortable contributing to this online platform?